IT Forensic Response
- Jersey City, NJ
The Incident Response Team in MGTI is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Hoboken office:
IT Forensic Response Analyst
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assists and directs all cyber forensic investigations, email discoveries, interview and chain of custody for all forensic investigations. Either as a lead for an IT investigation, or to assist our legal, privacy and compliance teams
- Ensures all chain of custody and all work is well documented and follows industry best practices, and internal MMC documentation, as the work may support court cases
- Provides assistance in the engineering, documentation, and implementation of comprehensive forensic solutions to include; process mapping, technical diagrams and schematics, standard operating procedures, and technical infrastructure documentation.
- Works with various Operating Companies to provide guidance for e-discovery, email and content searches, data loss programs etc
- Participates in the Computer Incident Response Team as required by providing Tier III support as needed to mitigate and investigate security incidents.
- Data collection and preservation,
- Recovering and analyzing electronically stored information,
- Support digital evidence preservation, chain of custody protocols and forensic analysis,
- Maintaining case management systems and workflows,
- Preparing and packaging data for eDiscovery production to clients,
- Compiling, normalizing and analyzing electronic data for investigation and litigation purposes.
- Ongoing communication of results and work product to team members for review.
We would like you to have:
- 1 to 3 years of hand-on working experience in all aspects of incident response and/or digital forensics (Evidence Seizure, Acquisition, Analysis, and Storage).
- Must have a strong approach to critical thinking, analytics, problem solving, creativity & detail-oriented.
- Demonstrate a current and working knowledge of digital forensic principles, methodologies, and techniques; including experience using digital forensic tools (i.e. EnCase, FTK, Cellebrite, Relativity, or others)
- Current and working knowledge in Windows operating systems, mobile devices, PC hardware and PC networking.
- Proficiency in technical writing & communication for a business audiences in English.
- Professional certifications in the field of information/cyber security and digital forensics (i.e. Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP).
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top