Investment Operations Analyst
The Investment Operations Analyst will be responsible assisting with the implementation and maintenance of client and fund investment accounts. Responsibilities include assisting in the accounting oversight function for various investment accounts, liaising with clients, consultants, and portfolio managers regarding onboarding activities, and managing client cash flow activities, including private equity capital calls/distributions and executing mutual fund trades.
• Serve as liaison between clients and custodians to help anticipate and analyze ongoing cash needs for monthly, quarterly or annual draws for investors
• Communicate with investment managers and custodians to facilitate client investment activities, including fielding questions regarding custodians and processes
• Monitor clients for cash flow needs and provide back office operational support including:
- Monitoring accounts for daily inflows and outflows
- Executing trades or directing the implementation of trades
- Coordinating and reviewing accounts for cash requirements for payment of capital calls
- Provide documentation and/or requests from auditors for clients' fiscal year end audit requirement
- Facilitate and monitor outgoing wires for accuracy and timeliness as dictated by approved investment policy and re-balancing procedures
• Prepare and/or review documents with clients for completeness and accuracy
• Assist in the management of investor subscription, redemption, and transfer procedures for private investment funds including documents, wire transfers & acceptance letters; work with consulting and client services team to ensure timely turnaround of documentation
• Communicate with investors on a variety of issues including contact information changes and requests for general information about fund operations
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
• Up to 3 years of business experience
• Experience in the operation capacities of custodians, such as banks, trust companies and brokerage firms is a plus
• Experience with foundations and endowments is a plus
• Experience with alternative investment is a plus
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Overall good technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
• Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Ability to multi-task
• Must be Customer Service Oriented
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top