Investment Consulting Analyst
The Investment Consultant is responsible for assisting senior consultants in providing advice to fiduciaries of pension funds, defined contribution plans, endowments and other institutional asset pools to make the best risk adjusted return decisions in light of the liabilities and spending commitments that these assets support. To fulfill this role, the consultant will:
- Manage and produce performance evaluation reports for their assigned clients by using Mercer proprietary tools (GIMD, MPA, DC Report Writer) as well as Microsoft tools, which cover the client's portfolio performance of each of the funds within the client's investment options.
- Prepare and manage the development of the quarterly market environment presentation, which includes the general state of the economy, how the stock/bond markets did both domestically and internationally, and economic trends and changes in regulations in the investment world.
- Filter through research notes in Mercer investment manager database, GIMD, to look for issues that may affect clients' portfolios.
- Communicate with investment managers and custodians to gather and/or clarify client-specific data for reporting. Closely examine and monitor developments at investment management firms and notify clients of critical issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support periodic inquiries from clients on quarterly performance or adhoc requests via the client or filtered through the senior consultant.
- Attend and participate in quarterly client meetings. Over time meeting responsibilities will increase and Associate will be expected to present specific areas of review (i.e. manager updates, participant trends, and/or manager performance).
- A Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content
- Pursuing CFA charter or MBA
- 2-5 years of investment related experience
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment, with superior analytical, project management, and communication skills
- High-level attention to detail and an understanding of its application to the bigger picture
- Eagerness to learn and keep up to date with the investment industry and market conditions
- Insurance balance sheet assets investment experience and/or, familiarity with statutory accounting principles & NAIC capital framework, is a plus.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 65,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $14 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh , which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter , which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman , which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com . Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Back to top