Investment Consulting Analyst
The Investment Consultant is responsible for providing advice to fiduciaries of pension funds, defined contribution plans, endowments and other institutional asset pools to make the best risk adjusted return decisions in light of the liabilities and spending commitments that these assets support. To fulfill this role, the Consultant will:
- Critically analyze different investment markets, managers' investment styles and portfolio characteristics and evaluate their impact on investment performance each quarter and produce accurate and detailed client reports through analysis of client-specific investment data in support of their consulting colleagues
- Communicate with investment managers and custodians to gather and/or clarify client-specific data for reporting, closely examine and monitor developments at investment management firms, notify clients of critical issues in an accurate and timely manner; and attend and participate in quarterly client meetings
- Play an important role in investment manager searches, investment structure reviews, mutual fund selection, asset allocation studies, new business presentations and other investment-related activities
Based on level of experience, additional responsibilities may include:
- Provide ongoing investment advice to a wide range of institutional clients (e.g. defined benefit, other qualified and non-qualified investment plans, etc) via in person meetings and making recommendations in writing. This advice includes:
- Regular quarterly reporting and ongoing performance and manager monitoring
- Investment policy formation
- Strategic asset allocation
- Portfolio structuring
- Working with the Financial Strategy Group (FSG) to provide asset liability modeling
• Manage all aspects of consulting relationships for assigned clients including:
- Scheduling meetings
- Providing direction, delegation and management to Analysts assigned to client
- Responsibility for oversight for all information that is disseminated to client
- Have responsibility in the new business development process. Activities will vary based on the specific request for proposal (RFP). Responsibilities may include responding to RFP's directed to group and industry contact leads and reaching out to leads from colleagues in other lines of business
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content
- Pursuing CFA charter or MBA
- 3-8 years of investment related experience
- Experience presenting in front of clients
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment, with superior analytical, project management, sales and communication skills
- High-level attention to detail and an understanding of its application to the bigger picture
- Eagerness to learn and keep up to date with the investment industry and market conditions
- Insurance balance sheet assets investment experience and/or, familiarity with statutory accounting principles & NAIC capital framework, is a plus.
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor junior-level staff
- Adaptable, collaborative, and decisive investment advisor
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh , which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions ; Guy Carpenter , which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities ; and Oliver Wyman , which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients . For more information, visit www.mercer.com . Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top