- Atlanta, GA
If you like the idea of helping clients achieve financial security and advising fiduciaries of pension funds, defined contribution plans, endowments and other institutional asset pools on how to make the best possible risk-adjusted return decisions, then an investment consulting career at Mercer might be a great fit for you. We're an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment, and we're looking to attract and retain the best people. Join our Mercer Wealth team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
This position will be responsible for supporting the ongoing provision of investment advice to a wide range of institutional clients (e.g., defined benefit, other qualified and non-qualified investment plans, etc.) via in-person meetings and in writing. Job responsibilities include:
- Analyze different investment markets, managers' investment styles and portfolio characteristics and evaluate their impact on investment performance
- Interface with clients on a regular basis - notifying them of critical issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Management of all aspects of consulting relationships for assigned clients including:
- Scheduling meetings
- Providing direction, delegation and management to analysts
- Overseeing information that is disseminated to clients
- Examine and monitor developments at investment management firms
- Act as project manager - ensuring that high quality client deliverables are delivered on deadline
- Produce accurate and detailed client reports through analysis of client-specific investment data including ongoing investment performance and manager monitoring
- Communicate with investment managers and custodians to gather and/or clarify client-specific data for reporting
- Play a key role in investment manager searches, investment structure reviews, mutual fund selection, asset allocation studies, new business presentations and other investment-related activities
- Attend and participate in quarterly client meetings
- Investment policy analysis and editing
- Strategic portfolio structuring and asset allocation
- Developing new business, which may include responding to RFPs and contacting leads from colleagues in other lines of business
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, math or other business-related area with strong quantitative and analytical course content
- Pursuit of CFA charter or MBA
- 3-8 years of investment-related experience
- A proven history of excellent client service
- Experience presenting complex topics to clients with varying levels of sophistication
- Self-motivation, with ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment, with strong analytical, project management, sales and communication skills
- High-level attention to detail and an understanding of its application to the bigger picture
- Eagerness to learn and keep up to date with the investment industry and market conditions
- Adaptability and decisiveness
- Good technical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor junior-level staff
- Preferred: experience with a variety of institutional clients and plan types
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please send in your application.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top