An International Consultant is responsible for working with local Mercer specialists and Senior International Consultants to provide client-ready advice to US-headquartered multinational clients on retirement and benefit issues that arise outside the US. To fulfill this role, the Consultant will:
- Act as internal project manager for global benefits management and accounting consolidation projects;review and query input from local consultnats; take ownership of specific deliverables; provide client-ready results and communications for review by more senior international consultants
- Take full responsibility for specific deliverables within significant multi-country projects, using Mercer project management tools and processes
- Review and/or complete actuarial calculations and analyses
- Liaise with Mercer consultants globally to draft responses to client questions on non-US retirement and benefit issues; deliver client-ready communications on technical subject matter after review by more senior international consultants
- Participate and prepare for client meetings where possible
- Assist more senior international consultants in developing specific areas of intellectual capital
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, finance, business or related field
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of actuarial experience in the employee benefits field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills; Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Familiar with US GAAP and application to non-US plans a plus
- Familiar with international benefit issues
- Progress with actuarial exams a plus
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top