Internal Consulting Associate
Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC) brings together nearly 65,000 experts in risk, strategy, and people across Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman, serving clients in over 130 countries. Marsh enables enterprise worldwide by helping clients manage risks, transforming uncertainty into opportunity. Guy Carpenter helps clients grow profitably with reinsurance broking expertise, advisory services, and advanced analytics. Mercer helps organizations advance the health, wealth, and careers of their most vital asset - their people. Oliver Wyman's expertise in strategy, operations, risk, and organization transformation changes what is possible for our clients, their industries, and society. Together, we combine a unique range of capabilities to help our clients solve problems, seize opportunities, and build lasting success in increasingly complex operating environments.
MMC is seeking candidates for the following position based in New York City:
Internal Consulting Associate
This role is part of the Technology Modernization Program team within the Office of the CIO.
The Technology Modernization Program is a multi-year enterprise-wide program. The objectives include greater speed to market of technology solutions, support of digital strategies, financial savings for reinvestment, enabling greater colleague engagement and supporting greater insights for clients through data and analytics.The program is organized into pillars aimed at enterprise architecture, agile development, a tech talent strategy, application modernization, cloud strategy, and a digital workplace.
This Associate focuses on supporting the technology modernization workstreams, along with other projects coming out of the Office of the CIO. These will include strategic planning, budgeting and data privacy and protection projects.
The role reports directly to the Technology Modernization Leader, who is a direct report of the CIO of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
The responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Provides frontline support with the Technology Modernization Principal and Managers to facilitate team communication, collaboration, decision-making and tactical support to deliver the program.
- Develop and deliver written and verbal communications to key decision makers.
- Develop business cases and ad hoc analysis.
- Develops and maintains project plans, identifies and tracks milestones, monitors task executions and identifies and mitigates risks.
- Supports the Office of the CIO Chief of Staff with budgets, forecasts, strategic planning, governance, metricsand data protection and privacy projects.
- Collaborates with Technology Modernization Leader, Principal, and Managers to provide recommendations to the Technology Council and an Executive Steering Committee related to strategic and tactical management of program activities.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 2-3 years of experience within a management consultancy, operations consultancy, business technology, business analysis, digital transformation, or similar profile.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and Excel skills, and an ability to develop financial models.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment .
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top