Internal Communications Coordinator
At Marsh & McLennan Companies, our greatest strength is the collective talent of the people who work here. Our Corporate Communications department is looking for a creative and digital-savvy Internal Communications Coordinator that will execute a variety of strategic initiatives that inform, inspire and engage our nearly 65,000 colleagues worldwide.
- Ensure the team is aligned and on track. Provide active and accountable program and project management for multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. Assist in the development of strategic, effective, and achievable project plans and calendars; coordinate and help manage departmental and cross-company teams, as well as external resources, to meet deadlines and project scopes. Assist with tracking results and reporting on progress and achievements to measure the impact of our communications. Provide administrative support, including the maintenance of critical documentation and processes that improve efficiency and create opportunity for the department.
- Create engaging content. Develop, copyedit, and proofread email messages, articles, presentations, documents, and promotional copy for a variety of colleague audiences. Manage updates to our external website and intranet. Participate in the coordination and management of cross-company editorial calendars and assist with content strategy across channels.
- S upport collaboration. Coordinate with colleagues across the company's functions, businesses and external communications, to strengthen strategic partnerships and ensure alignment between internal and external messages.
- Other related duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- 0-3 years of related experience
- Superior writer and overall communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Exceptional leadership qualities and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience with developing internal and external communications content, particularly for professional services firms
- Experience with social media and relevant monitoring and measurement platforms
- Comfort communicating with team members and senior management about new digital and social tools, technologies, and communications trends - along with the relevant business applications and benefits
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Understanding of web usability best practices, website navigation design and flow, and content management methods and systems
- Understanding of graphic design best practices and principles for both print and web projects
- Understanding of search engine optimization
- Experience with or understanding of Adobe Design Suite and/or HTML a plus
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top