Insurance Sales Representative
Possessing a broad understanding and application of a body of knowledge, the purpose of this position is to sell insurance products to new clients via phone in a call center environment, utilizing leads provided by the company. Mentors and provides feedback and guidance to other team members. Handles more complex projects with little or no assistance.
- Answers inbound calls to sell insurance products to new clients.
- Markets insurance products via the telephone to maximize sales of insurance plans by preparing and presenting solutions, negotiating and overcoming objections, and assisting in purchasing appropriate products.
- Pre-qualifies applicants to determine eligibility and asks underwriting questions to determine if specified prospective client meets carrier requirements.
- Ensures carrier, state, and company guidelines are adhered to.
- Cross sells insurance products, identifies sales leads, and makes outbound calls to finalize a sale.
- Enters all information related to the call for reporting purposes.
- Mentors and provides feedback to other team members
- Acts as a subject matter expert for team members and handles escalations as needed.
- Works with internal business partners to achieve business unit results.
- Makes outbound calls to support campaigns focused on cross selling, selling additional products, as well as closing additional business.
- High school diploma required and college degree preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant sales experience required.
- Ability to interpret insurance products to clients.
- Ability to motivate and influence people towards suggested products/solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers on the telephone.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy.
- Possess self-discipline, self-motivation, and ability to meet assigned objectives.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
- Core competencies include:
- Communicating With Impact
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Appropriate license must be obtained for the position.License required could include Property and Casualty or Personal Lines
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Back to top