- Eagle River, AK
Insurance Assistant- None Client Facing
Provide clerical and administrative support to account servicers supporting all types of commercial insurance in accordance with departmental objectives and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists with daily tasks and specific project activities supporting Client Representatives and Client Advisors roles. Requires knowledge and familiarity of processes and procedures of file maintenance and client deliverables.
Example of regular activities may include:
- Process mail for coding and individual assignment based on the client team
- Mail monthly installment invoices or statements to clients
- Monitors department suspense for complete processing of checked polices.
- Prepare policy for policy checking by:
- Confirming all necessary documents are in file
- Creating policy checking request form.
- Sending task to policy checkers
- When checked policy is returned, if no errors, process the policy to the client OR
- If errors, process policy to client once CR/CA has addressed the errors & requested appropriate changes.
Endorsements including Audits:
- After CR/CA approval process billing, confirming accuracy of data in Agency Management System updating as necessary and when correct send to client.
- If endorsement has return premium request check from accounting. Follow-up with accounting for check if not received in a timely manner.
- Complete daily cert requests under direct supervision of the CR/CA and transmit to Certificate Holder
- Maintain Certificate Holder lists according to adopted procedures.
- Process renewal certificates as assigned by CR/CA batch and distribute according to adopted standards.
- Add and maintain Prospects and Clients
- Update policy data
- Issue Auto ID Cards
- Create Schedules of Insurance as requested
With more experience,
• Become proficient in the use of technology systems, software and tools such as ImageRight, and
Sagitta, pivot tables and data manipulation
• Establish and maintain positive and effective working relations with other Associates and Insurers
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma and two years related administrative or clerical experience.
- Obtain and maintain a valid AK Business Insurance Agent License.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software at the Intermediate User Level (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must maintain a high attention to detail when working at a varying pace and managing multiple tasks with adjusting priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Agency management system experience preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation (internal customer focus).
Back to top