Information Security Analyst III
This position is for a recognized subject matter expert in Information Technology, who manages large projects or processes. Responsible for researching, designing, and integrating Information Security solutions and controls across the global enterprise in a way that is transparent to end users, supports executive strategies, and fundamentally ensures the security of the information the company is entrusted to protect. This role is also responsible for conducting industry research on new and emerging Security technologies.
- Designs, documents, and deploys secure Infrastructure Solutions and participate in project teams to include designing connectivity and Software Solutions Aligning Security, cost, performance, and customer requirements to reach viable secure solutions.
- Drives/implements key security strategies within the Marsh & McLennan operating companies designed to protect thousands of applications and servers world-wide from threats. Responsible to design and implement network security architecture controls in support of hundreds of internal and external Business IT projects and applications contributing to revenue growth globally.
- Reviews, assesses and signoffs on business projects with respect to risk/adherence to security policies, standards, and industry best practices for data protection of Company and client data. Leads project teams to include design, connectivity, and software solutions aligning security, cost, performance, and customer requirements to reach viable secure solutions.
- Drives technical and strategic direction of the Information Security function across all of the company globally. Responsible for maintaining and updating Information Security Technology road maps through industry research, knowledge transfer, continued learning.
- Documents/maintains comprehensive Information Security roadmaps and strategies with respect to process mapping; technical diagrams and schematics; standard operating procedures; and technical infrastructure documentation which results in the protection of sensitive information across thousands of applications and thousands of servers world-wide.
- Partners with and provide Information Security expertise to the operating companies; to provide guidance and direction on secure application hosting for hundreds of internal and client facing application systems.
- Assesses applications and the associated data flow for risk to sensitive data, systems, or infrastructure. Collaboratively documents security controls and application access requirements associated with hosted applications and systems.
- Responsible for End-to-End enterprise-wide Tier III troubleshooting of network, desktop, server (hardware & software) and application performance & connectivity across the global wide area network as it relates to Information Security.
- Participates in or lead Computer Incident Response Teams (CIRT) as necessary by providing Tier III support to mitigate active security incidents possible threatening the Global Company Computing environment.
- Recognized subject matter expert.
- Manages large projects or processes.
- Minimal oversight from manager.
- Coaches, reviews and delegates work to lower level professionals.
- Problems faced are difficult and often complex.
- Influences others within and outside of the job function regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top