The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for supporting our business objectives by delivering both tactical and strategic HR contributions, working closely with senior management in a high volume, fast-paced work environment. This position carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, performance management, benefits administration, employee engagement, change management, compensation, onboarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance. This will entail developing, delivering and managing positive colleague relations and supporting a culture of engagement and ongoing development while demonstrating our core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Provides general support for all HR-related activities and performs all duties in a highly professional, confidential, and customer-focused manner
- Partners with management and leadership teams to help establish and maintain highly engaged and functioning work groups, while providing human resources advice, counsel and recommendations
- Develops and delivers consistent human resources best practices and programs to align with strategic business objectives; monitors effectiveness of programs while making appropriate recommendations for change when needed
- Advises management and leadership teams on policy interpretation and other employee matters, including but not limited to performance management, employee relations and internal investigations, creating plans to support effective employee development and engagement
- Partners with employees and management to communicate Corporate and Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Collaborates with management and HR team to ensure equitable compensation administration.
- Analyzes human capital data, such as employee engagement survey data, exit interview data, and/or turnover data to name a few, and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Supports an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes strong client service, high quality, continuous improvement, team-work, and operational excellence
- Understands and applies evolving Federal and State laws in conjunction with company policies and procedures to ensure compliance and mitigate risk to the organization
- Manages and contributes to various HR programs, projects and duties as needed
- Prepares and maintains documentation regarding Human Resources processes and procedures
- Supports management with the annual performance review program assisting managers with preparation and delivery of feedback designed for individual and team development
- Manages on-boarding for new hires to provide a consistent, positive experience
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers in performance management activities which includes the progressive discipline process
- Performs benefits administration duties including change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process
- Collaborates with the HR team and benefit carriers to process Leaves of Absences, including FMLA, disability and Worker's Compensation claims. Assists managers with the Leave of Absence process to provide support, ensure compliance, and proper time tracking
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures tocontinually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
•Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources preferred or equivalentworkexperience
•Five to seven (5 - 7) years' experience performing professional roles with progressively more responsible human resources generalist experience
•Minimum of three (3) years of experience in each of the following disciplines; employee relations, performance management, and policy administration
•Human Resources certification strongly preferred (PHR, SHPR, SHRM - CP, or SHRM - SCP)
•Experience supporting employee relations and employee development preferred
•Experience using HR systems; Halogen, Taleo, ADP, PeopleSoft and Workday preferred
• Experience with baseline and sales incentive compensation practices is a plus
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top