HR Customer Service Analyst
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
This position is responsible for providing general HR assistance and issue resolution for inquiries from internal MMC colleagues in a call center environment. They will communicate with impact, apply critical thinking and drive to provide world class service within a team-orientated environment. This position requires fundamental HR knowledge within the areas of Payroll, Employee Records, Time & Attendance, and Talent and will need to understand the company's HR Systems, policies and procedures.
- Answer incoming calls and emails from MMC North America Colleagues and third party vendors and provide accurate answers and detailed information to their HR inquiries. These inquiries will be handled within our SLA's, using a Case Management tool supported by a Knowledgebase. We support our customers by communicating in a clear, concise and confident manner in order to provide an excellent customer services experience. Research complex issues and provide timely, accurate resolution. This may include contacting internal support groups and 3rd party vendors and following up via an outbound call or email to the colleague.
- Using available resources (service center tools, knowledge system and other company procedures and process materials) document all inquiries and interactions with the colleagues and other internal / third party participants, monitor colleague requests, and research and identify required information to resolve colleague inquiries and forward to the appropriate group for resolution as necessary. Share with other team members or manager any opportunities for process improvements.
- Create, document and route open cases and calls appropriately and in accordance to the standard operating procedures for additional follow up or escalation. Liaise with other departments to ensure timely research and problem resolution
- Act as a successful team member by being receptive to feedback/coaching, follow all standard operating procedures, display reliability and have a willingness to develop and consistently improve.
- Bachelors Degree desired
- 1-3 Year demonstrated customer service or call center experience
- 1-3 Years Human Resource experience
- 1-3 Years Payroll experience
Knowledge and skills:
Fundamental HR. Excellent troubleshooting, strong decision making and problem solving skills. Ability to multitask and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards. Solid interpersonal, Verbal and written communication skills. Requires strong active and passive listen skills in order to effectively identify the purpose of the call, the root cause of the issue, with a sense of urgency. Comfort with multiple systems. Ability to prioritize and manage own time.
- HR Certification desired
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top