HR Business Partner
The Senior HR Business Partner advises business leaders within Mercer's US Health and Careers businesses to accomplish delivery of business objectives through people. The HR business partner provides guidance and support on people strategies and practices that support attraction, retention, engagement, development, rewards and performance management. Key stakeholders include market, office and specialty business leaders across the U.S.
- Identifies HR challenges to the business plan over the medium and long term and gains buy-in from senior teams to ensure the success of the HR agenda and quantify business benefits
- Translate broad, longer-term vision and objectives into specific milestones and goals, and manages project teams.
- Leveraging our COE partners including Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Talent & Inclusion and Rewards, generate and action creative solutions to solve highly complex or ambiguous people issues
- Drive communication to help facilitate the change management process through the business in support of assisting employees in understanding and supporting the organizational changes.
- Create, implement and support competitive attraction/retention strategies for the business in partnership with the Staffing and Rewards Centers of Expertise.
- Drive the year-end compensation and promotion processes in partnership with managers in the business
- Consult on the staffing strategy and hiring decisions of leaders and other key strategic positions in partnership with business/geography leadership.
- Provide strategic support for the business by partnering in the development of a talent management strategy to support employee engagement around succession, planning, development and coaching with the Talent and Inclusion Center of Expertise.
- Provide experience/expertise in all employee relations issues for the business.
- Partner with business/function leaders to drive the performance management process and to identify and champion career development within the business.
- Fosters a climate of inclusion, where diverse thoughts are freely shared and integrated to develop plans and solutions that are best suited to the circumstances of the business
- Serves as an ambassador of the brand by educating and leading others to understand why Mercer is the employer of choice
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top