HR Business Partner
The HRBP is the strategic partner, single point of contact and principal advisor for human capital matters to the leadership of one or more medium-sized businesses, regions or functions within MMC. This position may have direct reports and be responsible for managing one or more HR Generalists.
- As a member of the leadership team of the business or function, contribute to the execution of its business plan:
- Deliver a program of human capital interventions supporting both the business plan and any higher level HR strategy.
- Support human capital change initiatives either stand-alone or as part of a broader program as required; lead smaller change activities for specific client groups.
- Execute actions resulting from organization re-design in anticipation of evolution in the business as a result of changing client expectations and requirements.
- Operationalize reward strategy for client businesses ensuring clear linkages between reward and recognition and performance, contribution and long term potential.
- Advise clients on all matters of talent acquisition, retention, reward and recognition.
- Support the business on all talent management programs including executive and leadership development, performance management, succession planning, coaching, training, career development and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Advise clients about the importance of colleague engagement and drive actions to improve this in collaboration with the business.
- Partner with ER team to manage all individual and collective employee relations issues to a successful conclusion with minimal operational, reputational or financial risk:
- Represent business in employee consultation or representation forums (where relevant).
- May be required to lead, manage and direct an HRBP team (where relevant):
- Building and developing HR team.
- Ensure seamless and unobtrusive management of HR transactions by the rest of the HR function.
- Build contacts within the competitor universe to ensure clients have market intelligence to inform critical decision-making.
- A BA/BS degree in human resources, finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related areas. MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Five to ten years of HR experience with at least three years' experience in management and/or strategic leadership.
- Extensive HR experience including time as a BP to senior or mid-level clients.
- Experience across the portfolio of HR disciplines.
- Evidence of delivery of practical HR solutions to critical business issues.
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong consulting, project management, coaching and leadership skills.
- Influencing and client management skills.
- Intellectual rigor and strong analytical skills.
- Personal credibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top