Health Legal Consulting Summer Associate - College Program 2018
Mercer is a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Clients include a majority of the companies in the Fortune 1000 and FTSE 100, as well as medium- and small-market organizations and government entities. Mercer consultants help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people.
Mercer is in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the career opportunities available through Mercer. Our competitive programs, entrepreneurial spirit and team-oriented culture offer a richly rewarding and exciting environment where you can excel and achieve your professional goals.
Mercer's Health business segment helps our clients develop the right strategies and solutions for providing health and welfare benefits to employees. Mercer Health strategizes with clients of all sizes and industries to find health, financial security, work/life, voluntary and other benefits solutions that fit their needs and brings the optimal combination of local-market knowledge and nationally-driven best practices. In the US, we provide clients with innovative, emerging solutions and support for legislative and regulatory compliance regarding health care benefits. Mercer Health innovations translate into superior benefits for clients and distinguish Mercer in the marketplaces.
A Legal Consulting Summer Intern can expect to do some of the following work:
- Write responses to client situations requiring legislative and regulatory compliance support.
- Collaborate with legal consultants to develop documentary solutions to clients' compliance needs.
- Conduct research and analysis to understand industry and organization-specific issues
- Collect and examine data relevant to developing solutions on various practices.
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions to develop client recommendations.
- Prepare client presentations and communications, being delivered to executives, senior management, and HR leaders.
Qualified candidates for a Summer Legal Consulting Associate position will demonstrate:
- Fully matriculated student with an interest in Pre-Law and health and welfare benefit programs.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and a strong background in Word required.
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top