Health Informatics Consultant
Mercer Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) specializes in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health and welfare services. Mercer GHSC brings a team of consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and accountants to a project to assure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health and welfare programs.
The Government Informatics Consultant will project manage the data modeling process for projects for government sponsored health and welfare programs. Also, this role uses its expertise to provide the technical review of data, manage tasks and deadlines and is a resource for the client. To fulfill this role, the Government Consultant will:
- Participate in initial meetings with client or project lead to define the scope of the project. Provide insight and expertise on defining the data models, including knowledge of the capabilities and flexibility of different models. Take detailed notes on client calls, to ensure accurate information collected to determine project and data scope
- Initiate the data model architecture, evaluate the project scope to determine if can update an existing data model or if need to create new data model. Define data architecture based on project scope, insight from the project lead and direction for the project's actuarial advisor. Ensure data model architecture captures the full scope of the project, adheres to actuarial best practices and is flexible enough to make future adjustments.
- Provide staff clear direction and defined timelines. Share knowledge with junior staff and provide junior staff training as needed to complete project tasks. Act as resource for support staff, answer questions, provide work arounds for obstacles that arise
- Identify data anomalies and exceptions as observed in project deliverables (reports, analysis). Understand the reasons and impacts of data anomalies and exceptions on the analysis in order to explain these issues to senior staff or project lead. Think through data issues and formulate possible solutions. Communicate data anomalies with project and client team and provide insight, expertise and direction on address issues regarding the data anomalies.
- Project manage multiple tasks on different projects simultaneously to include the following: organize project work flow and delegate project tasks to junior staff; manage the quality and timeliness of project deliverables; ensure client deliverables are client ready
- Work directly with client to clarify project scope and be resource for client to answer project related questions
- Participate on interviewing teams and/or act a mentor for junior staff
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Minimum - seven years of industry experience required
- Through understanding of healthcare data.
- Experience using SAS, SQL or equivalent programming language
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to partner and lead small teams to deliver project objectives
- Ability to work independently and on a team
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top