Health Financial Sr. Analyst/Consultant - Government
Mercer Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) specializes in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health and welfare services. Mercer GHSC brings a team of consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and accountants to a project to assure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health and welfare programs.
The Government financial consultant will project manage the data modeling process for projects for government sponsored health and welfare programs.
Also, this role uses expertise to provide the technical review of data, manages tasks and deadlines and is a resource for the client. To fulfill this role, the Actuarial Consultant will:
- Participate in initial meetings with client or project lead to define the scope of the project
- Provide insight and expertise on defining the data models, including knowledge of the capabilities and flexibility of different models.
- Document client calls and capture accurate information to determine project and data scope
- Define and design architecture of data model through the following tasks: evaluate project scope to determine if there is a need update to create new data model or use an existing data model; define data architecture based on project scope, insight from the project lead and direction for the project's actuarial advisor; ensure data model architecture captures the full scope of the project, adheres to actuarial best practices and is flexible enough to make future adjustments
- Delegate model updating and/or model building tasks to junior staff. Provide staff clear direction and defined timelines. Share knowledge with junior staff and provide training as needed to complete project tasks. Acts as resource for support staff, answer questions, provide workarounds for obstacles that arise
- Identify data anomalies and exceptions as observed in project deliverables (reports, analysis). Understand the reasons and impacts of data anomalies and exceptions on the analysis in order to explain these issues to senior staff or project lead.
- Analyze data issues and formulate possible solutions. Communicate data anomalies with project and client team and provide insight, expertise and direction on address issues regarding the data anomalies.
- Project manage multiple tasks on different projects simultaneously
- Organize project work flow and delegate project tasks to junior staff
- Manage the quality and timeliness of project deliverables and ensure client deliverables are client ready.
- Create client call agendas, coordinate calls with client and project team and actively participate in client calls and meetings.
- Work directly with client to clarify project scope and be resource for client to answer project related questions
- Participate on interviewing teams and/or act a mentor for junior staff
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top