Health Financial Analyst
Mercer Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) specializes in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health and welfare services. Mercer GHSC brings a team of consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and accountants to a project to assure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health and welfare programs.
The Sr. Government Informatics Analyst will provide accurate and timely data and financial analysis on various actuarial/financial projects for government sponsored health and welfare programs.
• Summarize and validate data in Excel and Access. Work with project lead to scope data aspect of project and determine type and features of data model to be used.
• In conjunction with project lead, update and enhance existing models with new data sets and assumptions.
• Summarize and validate data from multiple internal and external data. Review data for accuracy and completeness of data before and after data is entered into the data model.
• Build and/or update complex data models in Excel and/or Access. Based on client need and project team input, assist in the development flexible and unique data model. Scoping data model includes defining and understanding the data set, determining the best framework of the model, work with project lead to determine all pieces of data sets and determine and apply assumptions. Data models should be flexible and broad enough to make adjustments and changes at different points in process.
• Build supplemental ad hoc analysis as needed
• Discuss and explain the analysis and impact of model on data to team and project leader.
• Check and review that source data and data calculations are correct. Ensure appropriate peer review protocol is adhered to. Review project documentation, including technical write ups, certification, executive summary that is specific to employee's contribution to the project
• Gain an understanding of government sponsored Health and Welfare programs through participation in mandatory office sponsored analyst training, including peer review and actuarial concepts and protocols.
• Train junior team members on procedures and protocol. Share knowledge of data modeling with junior staff. Become familiar with intranet resources by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues.
• Project management skills including: managing the quality and timeliness of project deliverables, delegate project tasks to junior staff and ensure deadlines for tasks are met.
• Participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate
• Ensure project team is regularly updated on owns project status. Take notes during team meeting and follow up with action items and assignments
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent professional experience required
• Minimum 1-3 years of industry experience required
• Experience using SAS, SQL or equivalent programming language ideal.
• Knowledge of MS Office Tools; Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel; Intermediate skills in Access.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Back to top