Health Consulting Summer Analyst - College Program 2018
Mercer is a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. We help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the opportunities at Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people.
Think. Consult. Change Lives.
Imagine a career that:
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Challenges you to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and touch the lives of all the individuals who work at them
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
Mercer's 2,500 US Health Consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches, to benchmarking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication. Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. We are committed to setting the industry standard for ethical and transparent business practices.
As a Mercer Health Summer Intern you will work with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies' health and welfare programs. You will be part of a team and have the opportunity to learn about our industry, clients, and the type of work we do. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and future peers.
A Health Summer Intern can expect to:
- Collection and analysis of health care claims and utilization data including cost projections and evaluations.
- Assist in the Request For Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a clients.
- Assist senior consultants to review client needs, suitable approaches and implementation strategies.
- Model employee benefits contributions to meet employer objectives
- Help prepare and write client communications, including reports, spreadsheets and presentations
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top