Health Consulting Actuarial Analyst - College Program 2018
Mercer is a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. We help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the opportunities at Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people.
Think. Consult. Change Lives.
Imagine a career that:
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Challenges you to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and touch the lives of all the individuals who work at them
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
Mercer's 2,500 US Health Consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches, to benchmarking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication. Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. We are committed to setting the industry standard for ethical and transparent business practices.
The first step in your career with Mercer's Health business is as a Health Actuarial Analyst. Our Health Actuarial Analysts work closely with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies' health and welfare programs. You will be part of teams that plan designs, contribute strategies, and conduct benchmark studies that meet your client's benefit and financial needs. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and our clients.
A Health Actuarial Analyst can expect to:
- Develop employee contribution strategies to meet employer cost objectives.
- Assist in the development of customized pricing and valuation models.
- Price medical and prescription drug plan designs using proprietary Mercer tools.
- Analyze vendor renewals and plan experience and estimate future plan costs.
- Develop basic underwriting and actuarial skills as you build an awareness of health care plan design, cost factors, and the renewal process as well as industry products, services, and tools, including Mercer Health products, the vendor/insurance carrier market, and budget setting, rate setting, and evaluation.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top