- Chicago, IL
Do you believe people are irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come? If so, Mercer Chicago is the place for you! We are a rapidly growing team with a high performance culture. Colleagues at Mercer are presented with exciting growth and development opportunities from across the firm and around the world. If you want to work with an industry leader, Mercer Chicago is the opportunity you are seeking.
As a Health and Benefits Consultant, you will assist in managing complex client engagements, develop sophisticated benefits strategies, and drive the development of solutions to address a multitude of client issues.
- Be part of the Health Line of Business with over 150 colleagues in the Chicago office
- Opportunity to work alongside a group of the industry's top thought leaders
- Perform the role of Project Manager to teams solving complex client issues to meet deadlines and exceed client expectations
- Serve as day to day contact for a diverse group of clients
- Support internal teams by orchestrating multiple work-streams, including specialty groups and other lines of business
- Establish relationships with vendor and carrier contacts to serve clients in managing all benefits administrative functions including eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, changes, and amendments
- Participate in setting strategic direction and delivering innovative solutions
- Prepare reports for clients based on analysis of RFPs from insurance carriers and other vendors
- Interpret data to identify trends and compare against client specific benchmarks and business objectives
- Assist clients with establishing budgets and recommend plan options to achieve their financial goals
- Enable clients to attract and retain key talent that drives their businesses
- BA/BS preferred
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by state regulations and Mercer policies
- At least three years of industry related experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top