Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
Typically, the Employee Health & Benefits (EH&B) Consultant will manage and advise multiple client accounts for mid-to large-employers employees with their medical, dental, life and disability benefits plans and programs and may be considered the owner of the client. The level of support depends on the size of client as well as complexity and revenue of the account. At this time, this is a unique position supporting a single client.
This position will provide day-to-day account and project management support to our client on-site at their Corporate Benefits office.
- An integral member of the client's benefits team situated primarily on-site between 4 to 5 days a week at the client's Corporate Benefits offices in Burbank.
- Connected to the Mercer Los Angeles team for collaboration, support and career development
- Leads vendor management for the life, accident, disability (LAD), voluntary benefits (VB), long term care and wellbeing carriers - representing the client and in collaboration with the appropriate Mercer team
- Vendor management includes managing account team reviews/feedback, end of year scorecards, annual stewardship meetings and renewals
- Works with leadership to oversee executive benefit programs, including financial counseling and excess liability; maintains eligibility lists
- Maintains open issue logs for Mercer projects and works with the Mercer team to resolution
- Peer reviews Mercer documents with an eye to the "client's view"
- Vendor contract review on behalf of client, including ensuring vendor services are fully captured and provide input/feedback to sourcing
- Works as both the client and Mercer team member on special projects (within scope of our engagement) - for example, representing client oversight on claim audit process, nondiscrimination testing, dependent eligibility audits and assisting with voluntary product implementations
- Serves as a connection between the Mercer team and client on questions as they arise - seeks appropriate resources for guidance and Mercer engagement
- Provides strategic guidance to the Mercer team about issues relevant to our work
- Support other projects as needed by the client
To be considered for this career opportunity, we require the following qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years health benefits account management experience
- Ability to work effectively with a broad team, multiple work streams and senior colleagues
- Ability to manage the complex structure and judgment of being a Mercer consultant, while integrated fully into a client's team
- Understanding of benefit programs, vendors/carriers and key strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Project management and benefit program administration experience
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by state regulations and Mercer policies
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Back to top