Health & Benefits Consulting Analyst - Norfolk, VA
- Works as an integral part of the client consulting team to deliver on the consulting commitments established in our engagement with the client.
- Assists the consulting team in gathering, organizing, entering and analyzing data using Excel spreadsheets to be used for various client projects. Involves increased focus on analysis of results and managing portions of projects; reviews the work of lower level analysts.
- Gathers and assembles utilization and benefit plan cost data into client reports using Mercer proprietary tools. Becomes familiar with and uses other Mercer proprietary tools for evaluating various elements of client's employee benefit program.
- Gathers rate and plan design data from the vendors via a Request for Proposal (RFP); interpret the meaning of the data and summarize the responses from the RFP in Excel or PowerPoint format for presentation to the client.
- Develops cost projections and evaluation of vendor renewal workups; results are used as part of client meetings.
- Demonstrates project management and consulting skills such as managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables; helps to develop budget and billing reports; participates in calls and meetings as appropriate; assists with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise communications and resolves most claim issues but can escalate more complex issues to senior consultants as needed.
- Gathers design data from the client and current vendors needed for analyzing the impact of a client's consolidation and/or marketing of its healthcare plans; typically involves organizing plan design details and costs in Excel for further analysis by the team; responsibilities also include checking data for reasonableness and follow-up with vendors regarding missing or inaccurate data.
- Learns the basics of products, services and tools - gain an understanding of vendor/carrier markets, basic underwriting and financial skills, products, services and technical tools, and intranet resources and participates in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues.
- Insurance Agent and Consulting Licenses Required - If the candidate does not have these licenses currently, candidate will need to complete licensing process within 60 days of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint experience is required
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability and experience in the group benefits field is a plus
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top