Health & Benefits Consultant
- Atlanta, GA
The Critical Connection Between Careers, Workforces, and Business Performance
Talent Is the Final Frontier
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what competitive advantage is left?
The answer: People. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come
The Health and Benefits (H&B) Consultant will support the lead consultant in managing client accounts and begin to project manage on their own by researching, analyzing, and evaluating health and non-health employee benefits plans and programs. This may involve developing client strategy, interfacing directly with clients and developing vendor relationships. To fulfill this role, the H&B Consultant will:
- Provide financial, contract and/or administrative analysis, and manage portions of projects
- Data analysis (examples include, but are not limited to, review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); may involve use of the underwriting model to develop self-funded claims projections, rate setting and employee cost sharing
- Review internal compliance and client disclosure requirements, external vendor contracts, summary plan documents (SPDs) and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements
- Manage ad-hoc client requests including problem-solving on administrative and operations issues
- Participate as a member of the consulting team in developing overall client strategy
- Interpret benchmark data and present to client
- Manage the quality and timeliness of client deliverables
- Assist in the development of project budgets and billing reports
- Participate in client calls and meetings as appropriate
- Delegate to and review project work of junior colleagues
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications, presentations and other deliverables
- Understand vendor/carrier markets, including developing relationships with vendors in order to understand and compare products and services being offered and recommend solutions to clients
- Understand more advanced underwriting and financial skills, Health & Benefit products, services and technical tools, and intranet resources by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues
- Delegate data entry and manipulation to junior colleagues and review for accuracy and reasonableness; provide data template (Excel) where necessary; conduct data entry and manipulation in Excel in cases where no lower level analysts are available
- BA/BS preferred
- At least three years of industry related experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by state regulations and Mercer policies
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top