Health & Benefits Associate
- Provides financial, contract and/or administrative analysis, and manages portions of projects, including ad-hoc client requests of problem-solving on administrative and operations issues.
- Supports financial analysis and review: including underwriting, data analytics, and partnership with actuaries to support funding analysis.
- Contributes as a member of the consulting team in developing overall client strategy, interprets and presents benchmark data to client and ensures plan and program changes are properly implemented embody client's strategy.
- Demonstrates project management skills and manages the quality and timeliness of deliverables and delegates to and reviews project work of more junior colleagues.
- Manages internal specialty resources ensuring client deliverables meet client's goals and deadlines and delegates and reviews project work of more junior colleagues.
- Assists with the preparation, completion of peer review process and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications.
- Works directly with the client and manages the request for proposal (RFP) process with the health insurance carriers and internal analyst.
- Collects and reviews the analyst's compilation of health benefits information from a variety of sources (such as hard files, electronic files, the client and carriers), responses from the carriers and the data in a template (customization depends on client plan types, funding, rate structure, etc), and reviews the transparency documents.
- Ensures compliance with professional standards including use of templates, client calendar, peer review, and transparency.
- Peer reviews the information, analyzes and interprets the results, edits and finalizes the executive summary report, and send this report to the client.
- Establishes necessary carrier/vendor relationships with appropriate contacts to serve clients in handling all administration (eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, plan changes and necessary amendments).
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- B.S. Degree Required
- Broker Licenses Required - Property and Casualty Active License
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Moderate to advanced MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word proficiency
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Knowledge of financial systems, and mathematical acumen
- Manage multiple priorities, deliver timely & accurate work products with a strong customer service focus and respond with a sense of urgency as required
- Effective written & verbal communication skills to interact with internal and external customers
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy with the ability to identify, analyze and solve service issues.
- Must demonstrate professional & ethical business practices, adherence to company standards and a commitment to personal and professional development
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong self-starter, fast learner, quality conscious and committed to deadlines
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer. Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top