Health Analyst - Phoenix, AZ - College Program 2020
THE POSITION: Health Consulting Analyst
Mercer's 2,500 US Health consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches, to benchmarking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication. Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. We are committed to setting the industry standard for ethical and transparent business practices.
Health consulting analysts work closely with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies' health and welfare programs. You will be part of teams that plan designs, contribute strategies, and conduct benchmark studies that meetyour client's benefit and financial needs. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and our clients.
To learn more about Mercer's Health practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/health-and-benefits.html
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
• Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits - generous PTO including vacation, sick, personal and even 1 day off for community service!
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
• Assist senior consultants with reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and helping implement benefit program strategies
• Collect, analyze, and interpret health care data for reporting to the client
• Acquire knowledge about the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, health care cost factors, and the renewal process for health and group benefit programs
• Coordinate the Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a client
• Help write and structure client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
• A bachelor's degree in business, math, statistics, economics, public health, or other related field
• Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
• Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top