Health Actuary Intern- Hartford- college Program 2020
- Hartford, CT
As a Mercer Health Summer Actuarial Intern you will work with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and
administration of client companies' health and welfare programs. You will be part of a team and have the opportunity to
learn about our industry, clients, and the type of work we do. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you
build strong relationships with your colleagues and future peers.
A Health Summer Actuarial Intern can expect to:
- Perform basic cost projections using client cost and enrollment data
- Price medical & prescription drug plan designs using proprietary Mercer tools
- Assist in the development of customized pricing and valuation models
- Develop basic underwriting and actuarial skills as you build an awareness of health care plan design, cost factors and
numerous industry products, services and tools (including Mercer Health products
Qualifications - External
Qualified candidates for a Health Summer Actuarial Intern position:
- Fully matriculated student with Junior class standing, progressing towards a bachelor's in actuarial science, math,
statistics, economics, business, finance, or other related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work 10 consecutive weeks during the summer
- Superior analytical, mathematical skills and strong work ethic
- Microsoft Office proficient and a strong command of Microsoft Excel
- A commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth,
and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees
- whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce
needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of
business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and
our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer.
For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and
retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our
colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and
follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies,
a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about
our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many
backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top