Health Actuarial Analyst - Chicago
The Health Actuary Analyst will be assigned to various clients and be responsible for providing the baseline financials analysis for their clients' employer sponsored health plans, including but not limited to annual financial projections, employee contributions, and budgets. The role will focus on tactical execution with a strategic mindset.
- Assists in basic actuarial/quantitative analysis projects under the guidance of senior project team members in order to assess and calculate costs, rates, risks and trends associated with underwriting health and welfare insurance, brokering contracts, or projecting health care related costs.
- Gathers, organizes, tests, and reviews client or vendor data for accuracy, validity, and reasonableness, and to identify any discrepancies.
- Performs basic analyses and cost projections by using or modifying existing products, tools, and pricing models in Excel, SAS, and other software, with oversight and feedback from senior project team members.
- Assists senior project team members in preparing reports for data trend analyses in order to summarize findings and recommend a strategy, solution, or plan design to the client.
- Participates in development of company's intellectual capital in order to develop knowledge of health insurance actuarial services and products.
- Researches, analyzes, and reviews industry, regulatory, and legislative trends for calculating risk, liability, and cost for client or government reports.
- Broker Licenses Required - Any
Bachelor of Science - Actuarial Science
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top