The H&B Consultant will manage and advise client accounts for employers with 500 - 5,000 employees with their medical, dental, life and disability benefits plans and programs. Level of support depends on client size as well as complexity and revenue of the account.
To fulfill this role, the H&B Consultant will:
- Prepares agendas and attends client/team meetings
- Supports client teams' projects and deadlines utilizing project management tools
- Ensures compliance with professional standards including use of templates, client calendar, peer review, and transparency
- Assists with developing employee communications for clients' open enrollment process.
- Coordinates new plan implementation process and facilitates open enrollment employee meetings
- Establish necessary carrier/vendor relationships with appropriate contacts to serve clients in handling all administration (eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, plan changes and necessary amendments
- Intake of client calls or emails to resolve service or claim issues. Contact carriers and vendors on behalf of the client to resolve issues. Delegate problem resolution to Analyst or contact carrriers and vendor directly on behalf of the client for problem resolution
- Work directly with the client and manage the request for proposal (RFP) process with the health insurance carriers and internal analyst. To complete the RFP process, the consultant reviews the analyst's compilation of the health benefits information from a variety of sources (such as hard files, electronic files, the client and carriers), responses from the carriers and the data in a spreadsheet template (customization depends on client plan types, funding, rate structure, etc), reviews the transparency documents (compliance documents required for completion of all health and benefits work); maintain all appropriate documents in proper files. When the process is completed by the analyst, the consultant peer reviews the information, analyzes and interprets the results, edits and finalizes the executive summary report to be sent to the client
- Review claim and utilization data from insurance carriers on a monthly/quarterly basis that has been input into a standardized report template by the analyst; analyzes and interprets data for trends; peer reviews customized, client ready reports, submits report to client and replies to any questions the client may have
- Review SPD, plan documents and 5500s for compliance and compares to the benefits that were sold to the client. Ensures all benefits are accurately reflected, following a checklist to ensure that all necessary information is included where appropriate. Follow up with the carriers to make sure necessary changes are reflected.
- Support sales efforts of sales professionals and senior colleagues including introduce other Mercer H&B and MMC products and services to existing clients
- Gather health and welfare benefits data from a national survey administered and published by Mercer, inputs it into a template and compares a client's plan information (such as the benefits they offer, rates, contributions) to other companies by industry or geography and provides this information to the client
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top