Guy Carpenter - Cat Modeling Analyst Summer Internship- College Program 2019
WHO WE ARE
Guy Carpenter is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, with over 90-years of history providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is the world's premier strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world.Headquartered in New York City, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide.
THE POSITION: Catastophe (Cat) Modeling Analyst SUmmer Internship
Guy Carpenter's Analytics unit has an unparalleled ability to help clients achieve a deeper, broader understanding of their risks. Our GC Analytics professionals apply a wide range of advanced modeling techniques - from sophisticated experience and exposure rating to advanced risk and simulation modeling. GC's Catastrophe Modeling team gather, apply exposure data, and analyze Catastrophe models. To learn more about Guy Carpenter's Analytics practice please visit GC's Analytics Unit.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Outstanding verbal/writing skills for complex communications with clients, markets and GC colleagues
- Analytical aptitude with advanced problem solving skills and financial aptitude
- Strong ability to be organized, prioritize workload, and pay attention to detail
- Superior academic record in major and summer internship or other work experience.
- General knowledge of business principles and reinsurance industry trends.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Being part of a an organization of innovators in the transfer of risk, actuarial science, and analytics
A TYPICAL DAY MAY INCLUDE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Assists in basic quantitative analysis projects under the guidance of senior project team members in order to calculate risk exposure and potential loss that may occur due to natural and man made catastrophes.
- Analysis of data and compiling research through the use of spreadsheets, company databases and other computer systems
- Assist in analyzing geographies, products, customer/distribution channels, pricing/profitability models
- Participating in the analysis of clients' existing insurance programs and requirements
- Assisting in the assessment of client needs by reviewing current policies and formulating recommendations for different types of policies
- Assisting team members with the preparation of proposal presentations for existing and prospective clients.
- BA/BS in Natural Sciences, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Current Juniors with an expected graduation date of December 2019 through May/June 2020
- Location: Minneapolis
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Permanent Work authorization in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Ability to prioritize significant workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Ability to maintain compliance with professional standards, where applicable, as well as company-wide quality initiatives.
- SQL, Python, and/or R coding experience is a plus
At Guy Carpenter, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we're looking for you!
Back to top