Guy Carpenter - Actuarial Analyst Summer Internship - College Program 2019
WHO WE ARE
Guy Carpenter is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, with over 90-years of history providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth.
Guy Carpenter is the world's premier strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world.Headquartered in New York City, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide.
As an intern, in the Analytics unit you will have an unparalleled ability to help clients achieve a deeper, broader understanding of their risks. Our GC Analytics professionals apply a wide range of advanced modeling techniques - from sophisticated experience and exposure rating to advanced risk and simulation modeling. To learn more about Guy Carpenter's Analytics practice please visit GC's Analytics Unit
WHAT WE VALUE
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Analytical aptitude with advanced problem solving skills and financial aptitude
- Strong ability to be organized, prioritize workload, and pay attention to detail
- Strong academic record in major and summer internship or other work experience.
- General knowledge of business principles and reinsurance industry trends.
A TYPICAL DAY MAY INCLUDE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Examine alternative forms of risk financing.
- Interpret and analyze client underwriting information to assist brokers in marketing an evaluating reinsurance programs.
- Assist in responding to client queries and concerns, resolving issues promptly.
- Update Actuaries on issues, progress, etc., regularly and upon request.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal & external clients.
- Current Juniors with an expected graduation date of December 2019 through May/June 2020
- Permanent Work authorization in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- A commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation as demonstrated by having successfully passed at least one SOA exam or other related professional certification
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
At Guy Carpenter, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we're looking for you!
Guy Carpenter is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 60,000 employees' worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, MMC provides analysis and advice to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity . Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top