Growth Markets Region Internal Communications Leader
In Growth Markets Region we have a unique opportunity to engage our clients and colleagues in each country and to represent their interests across Growth Markets. We want to be active advocates for them and their opportunities to grow and expand.
This role partners closely with the Growth Market (GM) Region President, the GM Region Leadership Team, the GM Chief Marketing Officer and the Global Head of GM Strategy to create and execute the GM brand voice and communications strategy. The GM Communications Leader will define GMR 'voice' and position Mercer and the President of GM Region as an active advocate for Growth Markets countries and cities by creating a clear message platform to influence target client/customer/future colleague audiences and positive public policy development across the Health, Wealth and Career domains.
The position will direct both internal and external communications from the GM President, maximizing his scale, impact and voice to deliver the desired business outcomes: strategic and leadership alignment, client and colleague engagement, reinforcing Mercer's brand, media and social positioning, and making critical announcements. The role will also work with the GM leadership team to cascade this messaging throughout GM by creating and executing a cutting-edge, culturally sensitive communications strategy.
This leader brings a combination of strategic and executional ability, strong communication instincts and skills, and the ability to confidently advise senior leaders. This role provides structure to unstructured situations and with gravitas, leading discussions at multiple levels of the organization to facilitate understanding and to engender support and forward action.
Develop and deliver executive brand voice and GM communications strategy
- Define GRM communications "voice" and create a clear message platform to influence target client/customer/future colleague audiences and positive public policy development across the Health, Wealth and Career domains using social, digital and traditional channels externally and internally
- Develop Executive Voice plan for the President of Growth Markets region, purpose, channels, web content and materials for ongoing communications with various groups within Mercer and outside.
- Develop the GMR communications strategy focused on driving GM's annual objectives
- Ensure that the brand voice of GMR is a truly global one and that GMR leadership is culturally sensitive and aware of opportunities to connect locally with colleagues using the global messaging (e.g., local holidays, etc.)
- Develop the President's media, social, and internal strategy working closely with our PR agency, Social and Marketing teams.
- Working with Marketing, manage the cadence of the President's internal and external communications for desired impact
- Amplifying the President's voice through all external and internal channels
- Write President's internal and external speeches, external articles and thought leadership, internal announcements, and social posts and tweets.
Align GMR leadership around messaging and provide tools to deliver to colleagues
- Meet with President and GMR leaders on a regular cadence to both capture the latest opportunities and themes, and advise on delivering the GMR brand voice.
- Find innovative ways, using video and other mediums, for President to engage employees and be a catalyst for change and building agile growth culture.
- Manage GMR Communications Manager to coordinate Country CEOs and network of communicators from each country.
- Assess, develop, and drive the Knowledge Management strategy, promote and raise the profile of Knowledge Management and ensure that Knowledge Management initiatives and resources are budgeted for in Growth Markets
- Provide guidance to GMR Leadership and their communication teams in positioning their external communications
- BA/BS in Journalism, Marketing or Communications, business or related field (or equivalent). MBA a plus
- 10-15 years communications, marketing or speech writing experience
- Previous experience in a C-suite / Executive office in a communications role
- Previous experience working in and with non-U.S. markets, preferably in Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and/or Africa
- Experience in a global, large-scale organization
- Experience working in or with a PR Agency
- Experience working within a consulting firm, a plus
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top