Group Benefits Marketing Representative (MMA Bouchard)
Bouchard Insurance is consistently recognized as a best place to work and a leader in the development of the next generation of insurance professionals. We are proud to be a learning organization which empowers employees to teach and be taught. As a result, we have the best insurance professionals in the business.
The Group Benefits Marketing Representative is responsible for seeking out appropriate markets to place new and existing business at the most competitive cost, utilizing financially sound carriers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A GROUP BENEFITS MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE:
- Attends New Account prequalifying meetings and monthly Marketing meetings.
- Prepares RFPs for new business prospects and existing clients in coordination with Account Team through the use of Brokerage Builder.
- Assists in creating formal specific targeted RFQs as required (i.e. municipal RFQs)
- Analyzes coverage needs and recommends markets based on those needs.
- Reviews carrier submissions and negotiates with those carriers to achieve the best in cost and benefits.
- Has complete knowledge of the insurance marketplace and is able to identify new markets for specialized coverages and programs.
- Builds strong working relationships with Underwriters and Carrier Sales Representatives.
- Remains informed regarding new products, legislation, market trends, benefit product information, underwriting guidelines and additional industry information.
- Notifies Group Benefits Team of carrier and/or industry changes that may affect current or new customers and develops efficient, creative ways to share this information.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Current Florida 2-15 License.
- College degree desirable; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess skills necessary to communicate with clients, carriers and prospects concerning all lines of coverage.
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to maintain and organize electronic files on the company document management system.
- Working knowledge of Benefit Point Agency Management System, or willingness to learn.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Responsive and self-motivated team player with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others, explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and to respond appropriately.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets with an in-depth understanding of Group Benefit Plans (Fully Insured & Self-Funded) for all types of coverages (i.e. Group Health, Dental, Life, Disability, Travel accident, Voluntary/Supplemental Coverages, 401(k), Section 125, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vision Plans, Executive Medical Reimbursement, etc.).
- Full understanding of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Laws that impact small & large employers (i.e. COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ERISA).
WHY YOU'LL LOVE BOUCHARD:
- Personal growth
- Amazing clients and coworkers
- Comprehensive benefits
- Focus on community service
- Success is defined in our 4 Core Values: B Engaged, B Focused, B Involved, B Happy
Learn more about us on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and at www.bouchardinsurance.com
Back to top