Group Benefits Account Manager
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA),located in Troy, Michiganserves the group benefit needs of organizations headquartered in Michigan that employ between 100 and 10,000 workers. We provide innovative and individually tailored cost reduction strategies and tactics in all of the functional elements of group benefit plans.
An Account Manager works directly withassigned clients to ensure that their welfare benefit plan needs and goals are met. The Account Manager is responsible for effectively managing their client's annual enrollment periods, implementation of plan changes and coverage transfers. They develop relationships with clients and provide superior and comprehensive day-to-day account management. Additionally the Account Manager is required to maintain a strong knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues. This position does not have sales or financial analysis (of group health plans) responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree preferred. A degree in business, human resources, health care administration or other related area is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' account management experience in the welfare benefit plan industry is preferred, working for an employer, insurer/administrator or broker.
- Knowledge of group insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability products) desired.
- Effective public speaking skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to use available resources to research regulatory issues and provide clear, concise and accurate information and guidance to clients.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently and be detailed, organized and resourceful, motivating others inside and outside of the firm to accomplish goals.
- Be professional in both appearance and manner.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred. Experience with Publisher a plus.
Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including: medical/Rx, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, life & ad&d, short-term and long-term disability benefits,401k, employee stock purchase program and an employee assistance program.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top