Group Benefits Account Director
Marsh & McLennan Agency located in Troy, Michigan serves the group benefit needs of organizations headquartered in Michigan that employ between 100 and 10,000 workers. We provide innovative and individually tailored cost reduction strategies and tactics in all of the functional elements of group benefit plans.
The Account Director has overall responsibility for the client relationship within their assigned book-of-business. This involves establishing and maintaining excellent internal and external relationships, seeking and understanding the client's needs, and managing the team responsible for delivering all aspects of our services delivered. The Account Director is expected to have a higher level of involvement in the work product prepared by the Plan Analyst. In addition to their client management responsibilities, all Account Directors have new business development responsibilities and are expected to stay current with emerging industry trends.
1. Manage overall client relationship on assigned book-of-business.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all client contacts.
- Proactively seek input on client's satisfaction with MMA-MI services. This includes following up on client satisfaction survey results when appropriate.
- Proactively establish relationships with new buyers when client contacts change.
- Lead the development of client service plan and/or service deliverables for the prospective year.
- Periodically assess progress of team on client service plan deliverables throughout the year.
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members.
- Provide greater direction to Plan Analysts on client work product deliverables.
- Lead the team through client work product and service plan deliverables such that adequate lead time and direction are provided to team members.
- Participate in the training of new hires on your team, as needed.
- Conduct periodic WIP meetings with team members, as needed.
- Prepare quality Performance Reviews on a timely basis for all team members.
- Promote and support the use of MMA-MI standard tools, templates and policies within your team.
- Maintain and build relationships with contacts in the market at developing prospects and client alumni.
- Lead the sales and presentation process on prospective new MMA-MI clients. The degree of focus on new business sales will vary by Account Director and their established book-of-business, but all Account Directors are expected to contribute to MMA-MI's growth.
- Grow revenues on assigned book of business by creating opportunities or acting on opportunities presented.
- Participate in monthly relationship marketing/sales meetings with the Vice President, Marketing & Sales.
- Maintain excellent persistency on assigned clients.
- Maintain a self-disciplined approach to staying current on emerging trends in health care benefit and other industry trends.
- Proactively present and discuss innovative industry strategies to clients.
- Seek out best practices in the delivery of client work product.
- Stay current on MMA-MI competitors in the market.
- Participate in the development and presentation of company seminars, if requested/needed.
- Participate and/or lead MMA-MI work teams if requested/needed.
- Attend and actively participate in Account Director meetings.
- Actively share best practices, work product and ideas within the Account Director segment and company overall.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top