Government Sr. Actuarial Analyst
Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC specializes in helping governments shape tomorrow's health programs. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 30 years to support health care programs for the low-income and most vulnerable populations in this country.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC to ensure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health care programs.
- Participates as a key member of project team responsible for summarizing and validating data to be used for various projects.May also includes taking meeting notes and following up with action items and assignments.
- Coordinates with project lead to scope data aspect of project and determine type and features of data model to be used.Scoping data model includes defining and understanding the data set, determining the best framework of the model and determine and apply assumptions.
- Summarizes and validates data from multiple sources.Responsible for reviewing for accuracy and completeness of data before and after data is entered into the data model.
- Builds and/or updates complex data models in Excel and/or Access. Completes supplemental ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Validates and reviews that source data and data calculations are correct and appropriate peer review protocol is adhered to.
- Reviews project documentation, including technical write ups, certification and executive summaries.Determines impact of anomalies and inconsistency of data and communicates the analysis and impact of model on data to team and project leader.
- Participates in mandatory office sponsored analyst training, including peer review and actuarial concepts and protocols.
- Utilizes intranet resources, participates in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues to gain an understanding government sponsored Health and Welfare programs.
- Minimum 1 Actuarial Exam OR defined plan to sit for upcoming exam
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in Insurance industry, Government industry or similar industries
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent relevant, professional experience
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top