Government & Medicaid Business Development Leader
- Phoenix, AZ
Have you dedicated your career to the Medicaid programs and want to broaden your ability to make a significant impact in the lives of millions of people? Mercer is the National leader, consulting with dozens of states Medicaid programs spanning actuarial services, data/systems analysis, clinical services, policy design, operational improvement, and procurement efficiency. As a Client Sales Leader you will open the doors for Mercer to share our deep resident knowledge and expertise and make a difference that matters.
As you develop and utilize your current relationships with Medicaid directors you will have a deep consulting team of subject matter experts that will help you create the "wow" moments as you expand ideas and concepts to help states innovate their Medicaid programs . Mercer's consulting capabilities will ask you to be professionally nimble, dedicated to finding difficult solutions and to leverage a massive array of intellectual capital.
If this describes you and your career apply and be prepared to talk about the following questions.
- Your personal brand and relationships among Medicaid directors and the Medicaid community.
- Which Medicaid agencies are most influential in your mind and why, as it relates to the consulting industry?
- Which influencers do you feel are most important when selling to the Medicaid Agency beyond the Medicaid Director.
- Generation of new business and expansion current revenue.
- Organize and execute a multi-faceted sales plan to include: building effective and collaborative relationships with key decision-makers within target organizations; conducting a minimum number of face to face meetings with prospects; and participating in professional organizations and informal networks to develop, build and sustain a network to obtain prospects
- Proactively evaluates the existing sales portfolio to identify areas for growth and expansion so as to facilitate adaptation to the external business environment and optimize value from new or different offerings.
- Develops an expansion strategy or an area of specialization and identifies sales priorities by gaining insight on major or nuanced market developments, new or improved internal offerings, specific account developments and an expansive professional networks.
- Delegates, attends, speaks and/or presents at relevant industry conferences, publishes white papers, and maintains a large professional network.
- Continuously develop expertise in Medicaid Health Policy, including financial and operational aspects of Medicaid programs, federal regulatory issues, and health care reform. Consider the implication of policy, law, political, etc. changes impact client and client's programs.
- BA/BS degree
- Relevant consultingexperience required with5 years of recent experience in governmental healthcare
- Knowledge and experience dealing directly with State Medicaid Directors and Programs
- Demonstrated professional network of Medicaid relevant relationships including national organizations and state specific.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top