Government Informatics Analyst
Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC specializes in helping governments shape tomorrow's health programs. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 30 years to support health care programs for the low-income and most vulnerable populations in this country.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC to ensure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health care programs.
- Work closely with senior consultants, partnering with client entities to gather data and conduct research.
- Collect, analyze, summarize, and validate health care data.
- Work with the project leader to update and enhance existing models with new data sets and assumptions.
- Gain an understanding of government-sponsored health and welfare programs, such as Medicaid, through participation in mandatory office-sponsored analyst training, including peer review and actuarial concepts and protocols.
- Analyze claims, estimate future plan costs, and develop pricing models.
- Determine the outstanding financial liability for unpaid claims.
- Assist consultants with financial reviews and valuations of cost estimates for client proposals.
- Assist senior consultants with reviews of client needs and recommendations of suitable approaches.
- Help write, structure, and deliver client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- A Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Business, Public Policy, Public Health, or a related analytical major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and project management skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access or similar programs.
- Knowledge of SAS or SQL is required
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and natural leadership qualities
- Strong business acumen paired with intellectual curiosity
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top