Government Human Services Consulting Actuarial Analyst - College Program 2018
Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC specializes in assisting government-sponsored health care programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services and with navigating the evolving landscape of public health care from a regulatory, operational and implementation perspective.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of over 250 highly skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC to ensure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health care programs.
To learn more about Mercer's GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
A Government Healthcare Actuarial Analyst can expect to:
- Apply actuarial methods and assumptions in health care rate development.
- Perform comprehensive analysis of health care data using spreadsheet and database management software.
- Assist in the development of client communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Gain an understanding of health care delivery systems, specifically government-sponsored health and welfare programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare.
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic consulting environment with colleagues across all organizational levels to meet and exceed client demands and deadlines.
- Collaborate with a focused group of colleagues on smaller team based assignments, with opportunities to participate in larger scale client and industry projects.
- Grow your career by partnering with a supervisor that has similar clients, projects and/or career objectives.
- Participate in a mentorship program with veteran actuaries that have years of experience in the consulting industry.
- Achieve professional success by taking advantage of a competitive actuarial study program.
- Have opportunities to participate in Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism initiative, which coordinates company volunteer events to encourage employees to give back to our community.
- A bachelor's degree in economics, finance, mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, public policy, public health, or a related analytical major.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- A commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation, as demonstrated by having passed at least one SOA or Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) exam.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and project management skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel or similar programs. Knowledge of other Microsoft Office products such as Access or PowerPoint is beneficial.
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Eagerness to drive results and take initiative.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top