Government Human Services Actuarial Intern - Atlanta - College Program 2020
- Do you want your internship to be with a global leader in health, wealth and career consulting?
- Are you seeking to learn and grow professionally and personally this summer?
If you answered "Yes" to those two questions - read on to learn more!
WHO WE ARE
We're Mercer - a global strategy consulting leader in health, wealth and career that is consistently recognized as a top 10 consulting employer. Mercer has more than 23,000 colleagues based in over 40 countries. We help clients worldwide advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people.
THE POSITION: Government Health Financial Analyst Intern
Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC specializes in assisting government-sponsored health care programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services and with navigating the evolving landscape of public health care from a regulatory, operational and implementation perspective.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of over 250 highly skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC to ensure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health care programs.
To learn more about Mercer's GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
WHAT'S IT IN FOR YOU?
- Build knowledge of health care delivery systems specifically government-sponsored health and welfare programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Grow your career by partnering with a supervisor that has similar clients, projects and/or career objectives
- Have opportunities to participate in Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism initiative
WHAT WE VALUE
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Perform responsibilities comparable to full-time analysts with support from experienced colleagues
- Complete comprehensive analysis of health care data using spreadsheet and database management software
- Assist in the development of client communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Work on multifaceted projects to gain a better understanding of health care delivery systems, specifically government-sponsored health and welfare programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare
- Work in fast-paced, challenging and dynamic consulting environment with colleagues across all organizational levels
GHSC FINANCIAL ANALYST INTERN REQUIREMENTS
- Progress towards a bachelor's degree in computer information sciences, economics, finance, actuarial science, management information systems, statistics, public policy, public health or other related analytical field
- Status as a currently enrolled student; candidates should have an expected graduation date in the Fall of 2019 or Spring of 2020
- Record of top academic achievement (minimum preferred GPA: 3.0 / 4.0)
- Legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
At Mercer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we're looking for you!
Please apply via your school recruiting platform. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 23,000 employees are based in over 40 countries and the firm operates in over 140 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 65,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $15 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, please visit us at:http://careers.mmc.com/and for a glimpse into our culture check out our intern blog site at https://mercercampus.wordpress.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @lifeatmercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top