Government Health Care Actuarial Analyst
- Minneapolis, MN
Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC helps clients achieve better outcomes, develop and deploy defensible strategies, and reshape the delivery of health care. We deliver an individualized focus, powered by industry-leading experience, integrated capabilities and passionate people. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 34 years to face the demands and pace of change with data-driven pricing, clinically-informed policy and trusted, reliable strategies to manage and deliver care.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC.
To learn more about Mercer's GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
To fulfill this role, the Government Health Care Actuarial Analyst can expect to:
- Apply actuarial methods and assumptions in health care rate development
- Perform comprehensive analysis of health care data using spreadsheet and database management software
- Assist in the development of client communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Gain an understanding of health care delivery systems, specifically government-sponsored health and welfare programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic consulting environment with colleagues across all organizational levels to meet and exceed client demands and deadlines
- Collaborate with a focused group of colleagues on smaller team based assignments, with opportunities to participate in larger scale client and industry projects
- Grow your career by partnering with a supervisor that has similar clients, projects and/or career objectives
- Participate in a mentorship program with veteran actuaries that have years of experience in the consulting industry
- Achieve professional success by taking advantage of a competitive actuarial study program
- Have opportunities to participate in Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism initiative, which coordinates company volunteer events to encourage employees to give back to our community
Qualified candidates for a Government Health Care Actuarial Analyst position will have:
- A bachelor's degree in economics, finance, mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, public policy, public health, or a related analytical major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- A commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation, as demonstrated by having passed at least one SOA or Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) exam
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and project management skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel or similar programs. Knowledge of other Microsoft Office products such as Access or PowerPoint is beneficial
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team environment with rapidly changing priorities and demands
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Eagerness to drive results and take initiative
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Please note that at this time, the Company does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to these positions.
Our deep knowledge bank, with winning strategies, creative ideas, tested innovation and industry recognized guidelines are why clients choose Mercer. This is our foundation, but our people bring everything to life, sharing their experience and knowledge to improve every outcome. Employees choose Mercer for career growth, as well as the opportunity to assist clients in providing efficient and innovative ways to deliver vital health care services. Projects include helping clients navigate the Affordable Care Act, program design for innovative models of health care, analyzing health care costs and trends, and assessing quality incentives and strategies to improve overall managed care program effectiveness. Mercer's stimulating and learning filled environment helps build strong relationships with colleagues and our clients.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries, and we operate in more than 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
Built on a history of industry leadership that began more than 70 years ago, Mercer helps organizations leverage the power of their people to achieve peak company performance. We work with clients today on current business issues: meeting the challenges of globalization, responding to emerging skill shortages and driving top-line revenue growth. We design strategies that link executive compensation to business goals, manage escalating benefit and pension costs while preserving employee engagement, and deliver on the expectations sought in mergers and acquisitions by successfully integrating diverse workforces. Working with chief executives and HR leaders, our consultants help leverage our clients' greatest resource - their employees.
Mercer GHSC is a specialty practice within Mercer's Health business. Mercer's Health business has the world's largest and most influential benefits brokerage and consulting capabilities. We strategize with clients of all sizes and industries to find benefits solutions that fit their needs. We provide the optimal combination of local-market knowledge and nationally driven best practices. Our innovations translate into superior benefits for clients and distinguish Mercer in the marketplace.
Mercer is in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the career opportunities available through Mercer. Our competitive programs, entrepreneurial spirit and team-oriented culture offer a richly rewarding and exciting environment where you can excel and achieve your professional goals.
To learn more about Mercer, visit us at www.mercer.com
Back to top