Government Consulting Pharmacy Analyst
- Phoenix, AZ
Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC helps clients achieve better outcomes, develop and deploy defensible strategies, and reshape the delivery of health care. We deliver an individualized focus, powered by industry-leading experience, integrated capabilities and passionate people. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 34 years to face the demands and pace of change with data-driven pricing, clinically-informed policy and trusted, reliable strategies to manage and deliver care.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC.
To learn more about Mercer's GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
To fulfill this role, the Government Consulting Pharmacy Analyst can expect to:
- Summarize and validate data in Excel, Access or SAS EG. Work with project lead to scope data aspect of project and determine type and features of data model to be used.
- In conjunction with project lead, update and enhance existing models with new data sets and assumptions.
- Summarize and validate data from multiple internal and external data. Review data for accuracy and completeness of data before and after data is entered into the Data Model.
- Build and/or update complex data models in Excel and/or SAS EG. Based on client need and project team input, assist in the development flexible and unique data model. Scoping data model includes defining and understanding the data set, determining the best framework of the model, work with project lead to determine all pieces of data sets and determine and apply assumptions. Data models should be flexible and broad enough to make adjustments and changes at different points in process.
- Build supplemental ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Discuss and explain the analysis and impact of model on data to team and project leader.
- Check and review that source data and data calculations are correct. Ensure appropriate peer review protocol is adhered to. Review project documentation, including technical write ups, certification, executive summary that is specific to employee's contribution to the project.
- Gain an understanding of government sponsored Health and Welfare programs through participation in mandatory office sponsored analyst training, including peer review and actuarial concepts and protocols.
- Train junior team members on procedures and protocol. Share knowledge of data modeling with junior staff. Become familiar with intranet resources by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues.
- Project management skills including: managing the quality and timeliness of project deliverables, delegate project tasks to junior staff and ensure deadlines for tasks are met.
- Participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure project team is regularly updated on owns project status. Take notes during team meeting and follow up with action items and assignments.
To be considered for this position, the following qualifications and experience are required:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required. Pharmacy benefit management experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum one to three years of industry experience required.
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools. Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel. Intermediate skills in Access and SAS EG.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
Our deep knowledge bank, with winning strategies, creative ideas, tested innovation and industry recognized guidelines are why clients choose Mercer. This is our foundation, but our people bring everything to life, sharing their experience and knowledge to improve every outcome. Employees choose Mercer for career growth, as well as the opportunity to assist clients in providing efficient and innovative ways to deliver vital health care services. Projects include helping clients navigate the Affordable Care Act, program design for innovative models of health care, analyzing health care costs and trends, and assessing quality incentives and strategies to improve overall managed care program effectiveness. Mercer's stimulating and learning filled environment helps build strong relationships with colleagues and our clients.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top