Global Technology Strategy Leader
This person will devise, develop, and deliver technology strategy for the line of business (LOB) aligned with the overall firm's technology strategy. This includes the articulation and implementation of the technology strategy, architecture and related budget management. This position will be an individual contributor.
To fulfill this role, the Global Technology Strategy Leader will:
- Develop and deliver strategic objectives and plans
- Design and implement a methodology to assess that new LOB initiatives and technology make an impact
- Be responsible for risk assessment and mitigation plans
- Understand the operational implications of different courses of action
- Communicate strategies and roadmaps effectively to the organization
- Drive process for effective technology implementation and implement new innovation for technology
- Lead the technical strategy and implementation of specific solutions for the LOB portfolio
- Identify of major new business and technology trends impactful to LOB
- Actively contribute to other IT initiatives
- Create the monitoring process to track progress of strategy
- Ensure the team develops knowledge and competencies to understand the business and help develop solutions and share that knowledge with the development team
- Lead by example and provide mentoring and coaching to team and others
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Work with the LOB leaders and others to establish relationships with internal contacts at all levels
- Facilitate and influence client decision-making from a technical solution delivery perspective
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management; equivalent combination of education and work experience acceptable
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in project management with software development projects
- Strong influencer and negotiator
- Capable of radical thinking and developing new and innovative strategies
- Have a strong Industry domain technical expertise based on experience in technical roles at a company in the HR consulting space
- Experience working with technology teams in defining product requirements and meeting objectives on large scale projects
- Knowledge of application and infrastructure architectures to aid in team communication, risk mitigation and problem-solving
- Strong understanding of System Development Life Cycle Methodologies
- Proficient in tools used in support of office and project management (e.g. MS Office, Outlook, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint)
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people.With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh ,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking andinnovativerisk management solutions ; Guy Carpenter , whichdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities ; and Oliver Wyman , whichserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients . For more information, visit www.mercer.com . Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity . Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top