Global Public Relations Leader
- New York, NY
Mercer helps improve people's lives by working with clients around the world to deliver advice and technology-driven solutions that help improve the health, wealth and careers of their employees. In a highly competitive market, the Global PR Leader plays a critical role in amplifying Mercer's brand globally and aligning key external messages to business and strategic priorities - with the goal of driving increased awareness, recognized thought leadership and ultimately, growth.
As part of the Global Communications Leadership team, this role partners closely with internal communications, executive communications, social media and marketing leadership to ensure consistent messaging across all internal and external channels. He/she will lead a global team of geographically-dispersed PR colleagues and will develop, provide guidance on and institutionalize best practice approaches to PR strategies, execution and measurement that align with defined business priorities.
This leader brings a combination of strategic and executional ability, strong communication instincts and skills, and the ability to confidently advise senior leaders. This role provides structure to unstructured situations and with gravitas, leading discussions at multiple levels of the organization to facilitate understanding and to engender support and forward action. Expertise in working with C-suite in complex, global organizations is critical.
Develop and deliver global PR strategy that aligns to key business and strategic priorities
- In partnership with Communications and Marketing leadership, develop integrated communications/PR plans and messaging that differentiates and aligns to Mercer narrative and defined strategic objectives
- Develop and execute proactive awards strategy and analyst relations program to increase Mercer brand visibility and credibility in the market
- Experience with crisis communications; ability to triage potentially damaging situations rapidly, working in tandem with compliance, legal, and relevant business leaders to develop communications that minimizes potential reputational damage and/or creates clarity if misinformation is circulating.
- Develop a creative and unique strategy to differentiate our brand from competitors, obtain coverage for our subject matter experts and elevate our share of voice.
- Enable a local PR capability that amplifies local consultant voices and points of views in simple and fast ways that can build local Mercer market presence
Amplify C-suite presence and voice in external market
- Partner closely with senior executives and business leaders, advising and providing strategic counsel on a variety of communications, PR and reputation managementmatters.
- Leverage and optimize networks to obtain speaking opportunities, media briefings and placement for senior executives on key topics
Drive "leading practice" tools and practices globally
- Develop, define and institutionalize "best practice" approaches to
- PR strategies and release
- Approval process
- Agency management (e.g., "hub and spoke" model, KPIs, pricing, etc.)
- Industry association leverage
- Analyst relations programs
- BA/BS in Journalism, Marketing or Communications, business or related field (or equivalent). MBA a plus
- 15+ years PR, communications, marketing experience
- Previous experience working with C-Suite
- Previous experience in complex, matrixed environments and ability to interact with individuals across multiple functions and in a variety of global locations
- Experience working in or with a PR Agency
- Experience working within a consulting firm, a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, influencing and relationship-building skills, with gravitas to achieve professional credibility. Experience of operating at senior/executive levels important
- Strong operational mind-set with a focus on flawless execution, attention to detail, and a commitment to best practices
- Exceptional people management and leadership skills with a focus on continuous service improvement and team engagement
- High energy, solution oriented team player with the ability to effectively navigate a matrixed global organization to drive results
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills; thrives under pressure
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Back to top