Global Operations Project Manager
Job Family Group Description
To deliver superior service to our clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable and repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews claims, data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company (e.g., legislation impacting claims processing, regulations impacting business operations and QA standards).
Job Family Description
Manages across multiple Operations job families and/or functions to develop and implement strategies aligned with established standards and requirements (e.g., regulatory requirements, data confidentiality).
Monitors regulatory and market changes and translates them into actionable strategies (e.g., adapt QA standards to regulatory changes). Ensures data and operational tools and processes effectively meet business needs, client requests and identified standards.
This position is for an established and productive professional individual contributor in Operations Management, who works independently with minimal supervision. This position manages operations for a group, supporting management in operationalizing organizational objectives through the creation of management routines, reporting, and conducting root-cause analysis to identify opportunities, manage change, and drive solutions critical to achieving the business goals (e.g. revenue growth, client satisfaction and retention).
- Establishes effective functional programs that meet desired metrics and business expectations that align with the overall business strategy.
- Delivers plans against target deadlines and business objectives and applies project and change management best practices, such as Six Sigma and Lean to all related work.
- Ensures roll-outs and ongoing execution meet quality standards and benefit realization expectations and identifies opportunities for process improvements and shares with the broader community.
- Facilitates the communication of lessons learned as part of implementation efforts, and shares insights within a function or minor region as well as to the broader team of Operations Managers.
- Ensures operational processes are communicated effectively to parties responsible for technical development and implementation.
- Manage data and reporting requests.
- Helps to develop and deliver training and supplemental materials.
- Must have a University Degree
- At least 3+ years of work experience in related field
- Established and productive professional individual contributor.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex.
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts and practices.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top