Global Mobility Consultant
Mercer's Information, Product and Solutions (IPS) business comprises a number of global product lines. Global Mobility is the product line that focuses on the cross border movement of human resources by MNCs. Global mobility is a high growth product line in the US.
The Global Mobility Center of Excellence (COE) Consultant will help drive the mobility practice by supporting accounts and business development efforts related to the use of Mercer Mobility data and services and selling and supporting mobility consulting projects. To fulfill this role, the Global Mobility COE Consultant will:
- Support Mercer Mobility clients through working on the mobility Client Service Team (CST) which is a contact interface for clients to connect with a Mercer mobility consultant to ask questions and resolve issues related to the data and other mobility products they order.
- Provide expertise on developing a global mobility policy, advice on global mobility compensation data as well as experience in consulting on ad-hoc mobility projects, which may include cost modeling, talent management, process and program design, communications and HR strategy
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of specialist knowledge with respect to the full range of Mercer mobility data and its application to various client situations
- Support consulting projects, sell and deliver smaller consulting projects and be involved with more complex projects including large scale program design and policy reviews
- Deliver consultancy work in their region and nationally where applicable
- Prepare custom deliverables and analyses utilizing international compensation data in an Excel or similar environment.
Focus on specific client sectors or areas of functional expertise
- Implement solutions, specifically around deploying Mercer's tools, data and systems to drive annuity business
- Contribute with this level of expertise to win new clients, and retain the existing ones, specifically targeting major account relationships and G500 companies
- Support major request-for-proposals (RFPs) and vendor reviews
- Lead basic and intermediate client training; train and develop client services staff
- Attend new business sales pitches across the region, as required, as the subject matter technical expert
- Account manage the existing mobility client portfolio including regular service calls, regular account reviews as well as managing the renewal process
- Demonstrate full commercial knowledge of the Mobility suite of services and solutions
- Help drive broader Mercer business development, client service and quality based strategies; connect with mobility production group to feedback client perspectives to improve the design and delivery of mobility data
- This role is based inour New York City office and is not a remote, work from home position
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a relevant industry
- Knowledge and experience of either compensation analysis, expatriates or international global mobility
- Minimum 3 years' experience in global mobility including advising on how to develop a global mobility policy, advice on housing and education allowances as well as experience in consulting on ad-hoc mobility projects
- Strong computational skills -- ability to quickly understand and apply economic and mathematics concepts related to mobility data
- Track record of successful delivery of global mobility consulting work
- Deep understanding of all Mercer's mobility product range (Global HR Monitor, Expat Monitor etc.) preferred
- Track record of managing existing client base
- Ability to work within an international matrixed organization
- IT literate with experience in Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with Excel formula writing and analysis
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer. Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top