Global Data Analytics and Data Science Leader
Global Data Analytics and Data Science Leader
Location: Dallas, TX
Reporting to the Global Head of Data Analytics and Enterprise Systems Management, this personwill oversee the organization's efforts to manage data related to risk and compliance as they impact IT infrastructure under Marsh GlobalTechnology Infrastructure (MGTI) management. He/she willdefine, oversee and manage the implementation of compliance strategy. Youwill work with senior leadership, operational teams and business stakeholders to raise risk awareness and compliance throughout the organization.In addition you will be asked to recommend and implement controls and corrective measures where necessary in addition toproviding leadership in process and talent development to maximize the quality and quantity of work delivered by Centralized Operations colleagues through the organization and management of data to drive data driven processes and decision making and risk awareness
- Develop, implement, and maintain a risk management, data driven framework. Conduct assessments to quantify and qualify risks. Manage the implementation of risk mitigation plans. Partner with internal audit teams to identify and assess risk, support audits, and ensure appropriate controls are implemented.
- Manage a continuous improvement plan for Centralized Operations. Assess core processes. Define and implement process improvements through data insights and automation to increase efficiencies and reduce human error. Partner with Infrastructure Operations team to recommend efficiencies and assist in technology configuration decisions through the use of supporting data analytics.
- Define, implement and manage talent development and colleague engagement initiatives to improve team and colleague performance, increase workforce diversity, improve transition planning, and improve business continuity.
- Manage the software development and delivery of data management and analytics solutions needed to manage risk including Governance, Data Quality, classification and Visualization. Drive Infrastructure and Operations best practices through leveraging advanced Data Analytics. Assess tools that leverage AI and machine learning to achieve these deliverables.
- University Degree - BS in Computer Science, Statistics or Data Science a plus.
- Enterprise level experience coupled with leadership skills
- Data Science background; statisticaland modeling experience
- Data Analytics
- Over 20 years of relevant work experience with 10 or more years delivering enterprise-level IT projects, services, and operations across multiple geographies. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement services (i.e. risk management) and bring them to a mature state of operation over an extended time period (2-3 years).
Knowledge and skills:
- Senior level project management skills involving projects coordinating activities of 100+ individuals across the globe.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively to executive management (IT and non-IT) in addition to interacting effectively with technical staff and colleagues.
- Exceptional ability to conduct, both in-person and through teleconferencing, effective and productive meetings with colleagues making allowance for variances in cultures and language skills globally.
Lead an agile small tasked with the implementation of a Data Lake platform and bring together multiple disparate datasets including CMDB, Incident, Performance, Configuration change and other related datasets. Deliverables include installation, develop data pipelines, Dashboards and statistical models
10 plus years of Domain expertise in one or more Technology infrastructure areas including Database Management Systems, Product Management, Capacity Planning and Operations.
Strong background in data center, Internet infrastructure, Application and Systems Performance and or enterprise solution software required.
- Data Architecture - Solutions architect and Technology direction
- 7+ years of professional experience with Data Analysis/Architecture
- Solid Business Process Modeling/Data Modeling skill, proficiency with relational, dimensional
- Extensive hands-on experience using SQL/NOSQL databases, SQL Server, Hadoop, Spark, R or SAS
- Installation and Configuration of Database systems and Hadoop distribution
- Substantial Experience in Physical Database design, tuning, parallel processing, sharding techniques.
- Extensive experience developing data pipelines using ETL technologies, Talend preferred.
- Experience in application integration, Web Services, API gateways and messaging protocols
- Expert level Programming skills in python and Java
- Advanced knowledge of Statistical concepts
- Strong communications and documentation skills
- Experience implementing Splunk Enterprise and ITSI
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics or Data Science a plus.
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's more than 60,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top