Global Chief Privacy Officer, Mercer
Mercer's Chief Privacy Officer is responsible for the management, implementation, maintenance and coordination of Mercer's global privacy program. This person will partner with Mercer business leaders; Mercer's Information Security team; and Mercer's Legal team, and will collaborate with the MMC Privacy team.The role reports directly to Mercer's Global Chief Compliance Officer ("CCO").
The Global Privacy Officer will:
- Maintain and build upon Mercer's current global privacy program;
- Develop, implement and maintain privacy policies and procedures in accordance with applicable law;
- Partner with business, information technology and other Mercer constituents to implement a control environment for Mercer's products and solutions that comports with the company's privacy principles and with regulatory obligations;
- Provide privacy advice to business leaders in relation to data-driven business initiatives;
- Oversee response to regulatory inquiries relating to privacy, including data subject access requests;
- Participate in the development and implementation of ongoing monitoring to confirm compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures governing privacy;
- Conduct privacy risk assessments, and advise on protocols to manage risks identified;
- Oversee the creation and administration of privacy training and communications;
- Oversee incident response planning, including investigation of security breaches, complaints and errors and omissions relating to Mercer's privacy policies and procedures;
- Work with Mercer's Information Security team and other members of the Mercer and MMC information technology group to ensure alignment between system-related information security and privacy practices;
- Work with Legal to evaluate vendor agreements and relationships that involve processing personal information, and review and advise on client contracts with non-standard privacy commitments, including data processing agreements;
- Brief business leadership on privacy developments, risks and trends;
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws and monitor advances in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance;
- Work with the MMC Privacy team and the CPOs of the other MMC business lines to coordinate practices and collaborate on company-wide initiatives;
- Lead a team of privacy professionals.
- JD preferred but not required, or a degree in information security / related discipline
- 10 + years of privacy experience
- Knowledge and experience with global and country-specific privacy laws, including US HIPAA, GDPR and CCPA
- Working knowledge of information technology platforms, privacy-related solutions and records retention practices
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation, organization and collaboration skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh , Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman , Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top