Global Chief Privacy Officer, Mercer
- New York, NY
Mercer's Chief Privacy Officer is responsible for the management, implementation, maintenance and coordination of Mercer's global privacy program. This person will partner with Mercer business leaders; Mercer's Information Security team; and Mercer's Legal team, and will collaborate with the MMC Privacy team.The role reports directly to Mercer's Global Chief Compliance Officer ("CCO").
The Global Privacy Officer will:
- Maintain and build upon Mercer's current global privacy program;
- Develop, implement and maintain privacy policies and procedures in accordance with applicable law;
- Partner with business, information technology and other Mercer constituents to implement a control environment for Mercer's products and solutions that comports with the company's privacy principles and with regulatory obligations;
- Provide privacy advice to business leaders in relation to data-driven business initiatives;
- Oversee response to regulatory inquiries relating to privacy, including data subject access requests;
- Participate in the development and implementation of ongoing monitoring to confirm compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures governing privacy;
- Conduct privacy risk assessments, and advise on protocols to manage risks identified;
- Oversee the creation and administration of privacy training and communications;
- Oversee incident response planning, including investigation of security breaches, complaints and errors and omissions relating to Mercer's privacy policies and procedures;
- Work with Mercer's Information Security team and other members of the Mercer and MMC information technology group to ensure alignment between system-related information security and privacy practices;
- Work with Legal to evaluate vendor agreements and relationships that involve processing personal information, and review and advise on client contracts with non-standard privacy commitments, including data processing agreements;
- Brief business leadership on privacy developments, risks and trends;
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws and monitor advances in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance;
- Work with the MMC Privacy team and the CPOs of the other MMC business lines to coordinate practices and collaborate on company-wide initiatives;
- Lead a team of privacy professionals.
- JD preferred but not required, or a degree in information security / related discipline
- 10 + years of privacy experience
- Knowledge and experience with global and country-specific privacy laws, including US HIPAA, GDPR and CCPA
- Working knowledge of information technology platforms, privacy-related solutions and records retention practices
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation, organization and collaboration skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh , Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman , Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top