Global Benefits Management Account Manager
- New York, NY
Are you an established Health & Benefits Consultantwith a track record of managingMulti-National Clients?Do you love thechallenges and complexities of managingmarquee accounts? The Global Benefits Management group in Mercer has a unique opening to support an Account Managerin ourgrowing our list of Fortune 100 accounts.
This is a key initiative for Mercer's leadership team and will have the attention and spotlight of our SeniorExecutives. If this is you, and you love the pressure, read further and consider a conversation with our talent acquisition team.
The Global Benefits Management (GBM) Account Manager will be responsible for the overall delivery of GBM services provided to our clients. The role is critical to our strategy to grow our GBM book and retain GBM clients. Responsibilities include contributing to sales pursuit activities, client day to day contact on GBM services and health consulting as it applies to GBM services, design and development of the GBM Rules of the Road governance framework, instructing and supporting the training of thelocal brokerage staffaround the world on all aspects of GBM and acting as the liaison between the client and other Mercer consulting teams. Expectations include proactively assessing business and client needs to guide the practice into meeting the changing needs of the market. Also responsible for monitoring and ensuring that the services being provided to the client are in line withRules of the Roadand in conjunction with general Service Level Agreements. Assess opportunities to expand the Health relationship with the client.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- The GBM Account Manager will support and contribute to the strategic selling process including participating in finalist meetings and other sales presentations as the GBM subject matter expert.
- Oversee implementation of largeGBM appointments, which will include ensuring local brokerage appointments areexecuted for insured benefits in all countries covered under the GBM.
- Ensure client satisfaction with underlying ongoing GBM services,which willinclude ensuringlocalservices aredelivered in accordance with global mandates.
- Interface directly with senior-level client managers as the main global point of contact for client deliverables and communications required under a GBM appointment.
- Help clients monitor their employee benefit programs around the world by providing aggregated reporting with a view to ensuring a level of governance and consistency with their objectives while offering optimal cost-effective solutions.
- Execute clients' ongoing global benefit strategy, as well as execute global benefit financing strategy, through pooling, captives, global insurance programs etc. as determined by the client.
- Provide ongoing support & coaching tojuniorGBM team membersand local brokerage teams to ensure we are perceived as having a shared understanding of the client and its needs. Also support and contribute to junior GBM team memberandlocal brokeragetraining and development.
- The GBM Account Manager will work proactively and closely with all members of the client team to influence delivery and ensure that commitments to the client are met. The GBM Account Manager will play a part in motivating the GBM team members to understand and meet the client's requirements and will keep them updated on client developments and will foster a culture of shared responsibility and ownership. The GBM Account Manager will proactively look for process improvements that will help to grow and retain GBM clients.
- GBM Account Manager will manage escalations at the local and regional level and handle them as appropriate or escalate further in the business, following appropriate escalation protocol.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability cultivate client relationship
- Strong domain knowledge and experience in health and benefits consulting
- Experience with global or regional benefits
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in process building, best practices and/or efficiency projects
- Strong oral and written communication & presentation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work within a team environment across borders
- Strong self-starter, fast learner, quality conscious, committed to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong teamwork skills combined with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working in multiple countries and language skills is a plus, though not a requirement
Back to top